CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Attention! Attention Please!

To Whom it may concern:

Gone are the days when baby boys strictly wear blue and baby girls strictly wear pink. Gone are the days when baby girls are always dressed up in tons and tons of poofy dresses with lots of lace. Welcome to now. Baby girls and baby boys both wear blue, yellow, brown, white and green. Some baby boys might even wear pink, but I have yet to see one. I can dress my baby girl in whatever color I choose to. Because she is a girl and because I do dress her in girl clothes, whatever she is wearing usually has flowers, ribbon, bows, ruffles, or lace somewhere on the clothing. Because my baby is a girl, if she does have a blanket on her in her car seat, it is usually pink or purple (girly colors). Because babies are babies, they can usually have a lot or a little bit of hair regardless of gender. Baby girls can be big or little. Baby girls can wear plain white tennis shoes or ones with flowers and pink on them.

If after looking at a baby and seeing the bows, ribbons, lace, etc. that exclaim "It's a girl!" and saying things like "oh how cute" and "how precious" don't conclude your conversion with "now how old is HE?". If you wonder about the gender of a baby, ask questions like "how old?" or "what's this little angel's name?'. After asking questions with no implied gender, listen carefully to the answers and you will then discover your answer. If the answer to such a question is "She is 5 months old" then you know it's a girl. After hearing the reply in which you discover that the baby is a girl, DON'T and I mean DON'T call her a HE. If you are going to carry on a conversation with someone, open your ears and pay attention. If you couldn't gather from the bows, flowers, ribbons, etc. that it's a girl or from the trains, trucks, cars, blue blanket, etc. that it's a boy or from the conversation what gender the baby is, then just close your mouth and walk away. You've probably made a big enough fool of yourself already and any other words from your mouth will probably guarantee you a spot in the Idiots Hall of Fame.

I am a mother who is proud to dress my girls in blue, green, yellow, white and brown. I am a mother who sees that my girls clothes are from the girls section and have some sort of flower, ribbon, lace, bow, etc. that clearly identifies that the child that I have with me is a girl. My child may not have a lot of hair, but that doesn't mean that she is a boy. My child may be wearing blue, but look at the bows and ribbon that is on that blue. You may not be able to see my child's outfit, but look at the pink blanket that is tucked around her in her car seat. I am a mother of GIRLS.

Sincerely,
A mother of girls

0 comments: